Right, so you’ve decided you want to buy a towable tube, to even further enhance and enjoy your boating trips. Not only that, you want to get the best for your money, and one that is best suited to your needs!
Thats why I have created this list of what I believe to be the best towable tubes available today and in doing so taking the stress from you of comparing and deciding on which is the best to buy!
One huge point to look at when buying a towable tube is the material and build quality. You want to buy a tube which is going to last, and be comfortable. This means sometimes skimping on cost isn’t the best method, spending more money on towable tubes in many cases means you’re going to get your money’s worth with how long it lasts, along with the comfort.
Below is a table of what I believe to be the Top 10 choices of the Best Towable Tubes for 2017.
Lets go into more detail on a few of these towable tubes below.
SPORTSSTUFF 53-2223 Super Mable Towable
The Sportsstuff Towable Tube in my opinion is the best available on todays market. The tube features EVA foam seating pads, allowing for ultimate comfort, which is a must for any tube. The towable tube is also complete with a heavy duty full nylon cover, meaning durability is higher compared to many other tubes available today.
That’s not all, this towable tube also features dual towing points meaning that your passengers can be towed in either direction, meaning they’ll have a ride that they won’t forget in a hurry!
- Patented Speed Safety Valve for Fast Inflation and Deflation
- Front & Back Tow Points for different riding experiences
- Heavy-Duty Full Nylon Cover with Zipper and EVA Foam Pads for a Comfortable Ride
- Unique Backrest/Front Riser Construction
- Multiple Grab Handles with Knuckle Guards
- Slightly pricier than others available
AIRHEAD AHM2-2 Mach 2 Towable
The Airhead AHM Towable tube is in second place for us, only down to the material compared to theSportsstuff tube, which is reflected in a slightly lower price point. The main feature point of the towable
tube is that rather than a flat seating point, this benefits from somewhat “cockpit” seats. Meaning you are more secure and feel more planted.
The Mach 2 tube also features four deluxe handles with knuckle guards which help to create a secure, yet comfortable grip.
- Cockpit Tube offers secure ride for Young Riders with a wild side making Teens and Adults happy too
- Inflated Floors provide a Comfortable Seat; Four Deluxe Handles with Neoprene Knuckle Guards
- Heavy Gauge PVC Bladder and Durable Double Stitched Nylon Cover
- Patented Speed Safety Valve
- Not as durable as some tubes (Sportsstuff Super Mable)
- Less support on back’s
AIRHEAD AHSSL-1 Super Slice Towable
The airhead AHSSL-1 is an oversized towable tube. The tube has 6 safety handles, meaning that it can take up to 3 people. The tube also featured from a lowered back end, meaning that it’s easier to get on to, when in the water. The main benefit of this towable tube is the size, this can comfortably hold 3 people, or two adults with a lot of room to each other.
What many people point out on this tube is the padding on the surface. This makes the tube more comfortable than a few others available to buy. This towable tube comes in cheaper than the two above, once again down to a few features lacking, such as stronger material for durability and comfort, such as the back supports.
- 70-inch diameter
- Oversized topside neoprene body panel
- Six deluxe handles with neoprene knuckle guards
- 30-gauge virgin PVC bladder with rugged double-stitched nylon cover
- Kwik-Connect for easy attachment to boat; Boston valve for easy inflation
- No support for sitting
- Lower quality material